We have a great opportunity to open our doors for extended hours during these cold months of December through March so that our guests can stay in a warm place longer. In order to do this, we are looking for two part-time, temporary workers with a strong gifting in guest hospitality, coupled with a vibrant spiritual life in-tune with God’s heart for the people we serve. The URM is a faith-based, Christian organization dedicated to creating a safe, secure, inclusive space for anyone wishing to be a part of a community.
- Support guests’ use of all Upper Room Mission guest services, including indoor dining experience, use of the bathroom, laundry and shower facilities and access to clothing.
- Monitor our guests’ use of our facility and appropriate boundaries within the ministry to protect all staff and volunteers while delivering excellent service
- Maintain a welcoming environment at the Mission
- Maintain a clean environment. This includes cleaning tables, chairs and washroom facilities.
- Any other task or activity that might be required to help the Mission in its operations. This could include cleaning tables and chairs after mealtimes, help with donation deliveries, ensuring bathrooms are clean and operational to name a few.
- Report to the General Manager
- Experience in customer service and people management
- Experience in Social Work or Human Services is an asset
- Experience with the hospitality industry is an asset
- Experience working with individuals facing mental health, addictions, chronic illness, homelessness, poverty and related challenges is an asset.
- Highly motivated, compassionate and responsible person
- Familiarity with data entry, Excel and Outlook
- Moderate physical effort: considerable periods of standing, walking, cleaning and sorting
Job Type: Temporary Part-Time
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour, pending experience.