We are looking for a detail-oriented and focused part-time volunteer coordinator to be responsible for our volunteers at the Upper Room Mission. The volunteer coordinator’s responsibilities include recruiting and training new volunteers, maintaining a database of volunteers, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, maintaining job descriptions and liaising with staff.
A successful volunteer coordinator should be meticulous about keeping records and passionate about volunteer work. You should uphold the values of our organization while ensuring the comfort of our volunteers in their positions.
Volunteer Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, and supervising new volunteers.
- Work with marketing to recruit new volunteers.
- Collecting volunteer information, availability, and skills and maintaining an up-to-date calendar and database.
- Keeping new and existing volunteers informed about the organization and volunteer opportunities.
- Matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets and ensuring they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
- Organizing training and ensuring they receive on-the-job training.
- Keeping schedules and records of volunteers’ work.
- Ensure volunteers are appreciated, organize and support volunteer appreciation days
- Preparing codes of conduct and operating procedures to uphold the organization’s values.
Job Type: Part-time (20 hours per week)
Volunteer Coordinator Requirements:
- An associate’s degree in business management, human resources, or a related field.
- Experience in volunteering and recruitment.
- Working knowledge of Google docs and Google workspace.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and team-building skills.