The Vernon Upper Room Mission Society always strives to meet the needs of Vernon’s most vulnerable citizens. If you are a Christian believer and are interested in participating in our efforts to care for and improve the lives of the poor, unsheltered and marginalized in our community, we would love to talk with you!
Our membership is free. Our society year runs from November 1 – October 31. All membership applications must be approved by the Board of Directors before coming into effect.
Why become a member?
- Become an advocate for change by partnering with us to provide hope and belonging to the most vulnerable citizens of Vernon.
- Participate in the future of our organization by voting at the Annual General Meeting and electing our Board of Directors.
- Receive notice of special events and fundraisers hosted by the Upper Room Mission.
- Keep updated through our seasonal newsletters updates, insights and stories of lives we are impacting.
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, we look for people who love Jesus, and have a committed relationship with Him.
Secondly, we look for people that;
- Have a passion for helping and supporting the poor.
- Have compassion for people who are in crisis due to poverty, addiction or homelessness.
- Are entrepreneurs, business and community leaders equipped in the areas of financial accountability and stewardship, leadership, marketing and PR, law, social justice and service.
- People with lived experience with either homelessness or substance use.
- Are Aboriginal / Indigenous Peoples