We are looking for a cook that can help support our kitchen team. This is a temporary position from March 4, 2024 through to May 15th, 2024. If you know your way around a commercial kitchen, have a good work ethic, are a creative thinker and team player and have a compassionate servant’s heart for the poor, we would like to meet with you. The URM is a faith-based, Christian organization dedicated to creating a safe, secure, inclusive space for anyone wishing to be a part of a community.
As a Cook, some of your responsibilities/duties would be but not limited to:
- Prepare, cook, and serve daily meals, snacks and beverages
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen; i.e. Dishes, Floors, Countertops, Walls.
- Able to follow direction
- Respect and follow necessary boundaries with coworkers, volunteers and guests
- Supports the serving of meals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Above all, work as a team member.
For the Cook we would request you have the following:
- Trained in Food Services
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a commercial kitchen preferred
- Valid Food Safe Certificate
Some things to keep in mind for the Cook position:
- Must have good planning and foresight when it comes to preparing meals at the Mission
- Be a creative thinker, have the ability to think outside the box in preparing meals
- This can be a high-pressure environment where the ability to adapt to change is essential.
- Be willing to do a criminal record check.